EXTENSIS USERS?

Michael Zaichenko biozaichenko at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:25:16 PST 2008

Frame does see fonts manually activated from Suitcase, that is not the issue. What I would like to resolve (but I guess with Frame it is not quite possible) is the auto-activation of the fonts used in specific products. I.e. I have multilingual production and different fonts are necessary to operate them - though they have the same names, they are using different maps (the first reason why I turned to Extensis, because good old ATM wouldn't cut it at all without removing fonts and putting new ones.) So in InDesign (as an example) Suitcase activates fonts based on the file I open - i.e. if I open Czech file - fonts from Czech folder get active. As I open Greek file - greek fonts get active and the Czech ones get de-activated because they have the same names. Do you follow?

Michael