Tabs in TOC

Nina Rogers Nina.Rogers at DrakeSoftware.com
Sat Nov 15 12:47:08 PST 2008

I'm sure there's a really easy explanation for this, and I'm just
overlooking it because I can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm working on the TOC for a document. In the references pages, I have
<$paratext>TAB<$pagenum>. After updating the TOC (but before I put the
dot headers in), it should show up as follows:

<paratext>)<$pagenum>   (with that "parenthesis" mark representing the
tab symbol)

When I go to the Body Page, it should have something like the following:

Introduction)1   (again, with that "parenthesis" mark representing
Framemaker's tab symbol)

Instead, the body page has IntroductionTAB1. For some reason, it's not
reading TAB as code for tabbing. I tried using /t instead, but it did
the same thing (Introduction/t1).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Nina