Sorting a table in Japanese

Ben Warburton bwarburton at wilcom.com.au
Sun Nov 16 21:57:36 PST 2008

Dear Framers, I know this issue has been dealt with more than once
because I've come across a question from the Framers list of some years
back which describes our same problem:

Hello,
I work with Frame 6. I am trying to sort a table in Japanese (which is a
glossary). How can I do that ? How can I tell Framemaker to take into
account Hiragana and Katakana characters instead of sorting
alphabetically?
For the index file, I managed to do it modifying the master page. But
there does not seem to be anything similar for a non-generated file.
Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an answer posted to the list.
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to do this, short of manually
shuffling the order of the Japanese glossary?

Cheers
Ben Warburton