Mif2Go: removing anchors from Index entries

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Mon Nov 24 14:08:59 PST 2008

We are using Mif2GO to generate CHM files for use in a merged CHM
project. We need to remove the index-entry anchors from the .hhk files
generated by Mif2Go.

This is to address a bug in Merged Help. Normally, if an index entry
points to more than one topic, the CHM Help Viewer displays a "Topics
Found" dialog box, which lists the topics by name. But in Merged help,
if the index entries for the member file point to anchored locations
(topic.htm#anchor), the Topics Found dialog box displays the index entry
instead of the name. Thus instead of:

adding files
_____________________
| Adding Widget files
| Adding Foo files

we see

adding files
|  adding files
|  adding files

If necessary, we can process the .hhk files to remove the anchors before
we run the Help compiler. But first, is there a way to set Mif2GO so
that it does not include the anchors in the .hhk?