FM 7.2 File Compare Headaches

Madeleine r Dimond mrdimond at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 25 08:11:49 PST 2008

Art wrote on 11/25/2008 02:00:01 AM:
> ****
> If you do a quick search of this site, or the Adobe FM user forum,
> you'll see a number of messages related to the "failed to..." problem,
> which surfaced when XP SP3 shipped.  You're probably going to have to
> fix this before going much further...
> The problem is (probably) that you have OLE objects in your Frame
> document AND have installed XP SP3, which contains a Microsoft OLE
> security fix that seems to break things.
>
> *  The work-arounds available seem to be: converting the OLE objects
> to referenced graphic files
> *  Backing out of SP3
>
> A couple people have reported that when the files crash, temporary
> Frame files, usually with random number extensions, are left behind.
> The report is that if you open one of these in Frame and SaveAs, that
> everything is either recovered or now works. I don't have any personal
> experience with that solution...

I've never been able to get those temporary files open. Does anyone have
any advice?

Also, does anyone have any experience with SP3 and Frame 8?

Users at my site are reporting that Frame 8 crashes more than ever, even
the people with SP2. I'm still sifting through the reports.

Best,

Madeleine Reardon Dimond