Regarding Internal Message

Fri Oct 3 10:13:16 PDT 2008

rinch at Inficon.com wrote:

> I swear I have never knowingly imported any graphic into FM using OLE.
>
> But, somehow in my older FM files that have some "copied into
document"
> graphics, once SP3 was installed these graphics became OLE and I got
the
> error that you describe.

Those graphics always _were_ OLE objects (it's not something they can
just "become"). When you say "copied into document," I'm guessing you
mean they were copied to the Windows Clipboard and then pasted into the
FM file (or dragged and dropped). That typically results in pasting an
OLE object.

To avoid that, you can:

-- Use Edit > Paste Special.

-- Change the ClipboardFormatsPriorities setting in maker.ini, moving
"OLE 2" to the end of the list.

-- Or the best option, IMHO: always use File > Import > File (in the
dialog, select Copy Into Document if desired).

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.