Regarding Internal Message

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Thu Oct 2 12:30:23 PDT 2008

Charlene,

When my IS group installed the Windows SP3 patch on my WinXP system, I
started getting the message you described.

I'm FM6.0p405 on Windows XP v2002 Service Pack 3, Dell Precision 450
Workstation (Xeon CPU 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM)

I swear I have never knowingly imported any graphic into FM using OLE.

But, somehow in my older FM files that have some "copied into document"
graphics, once SP3 was installed these graphics became OLE and I got the
error that you describe.

I have to go through the "unsaving" FM file and delete all of these OLE
graphics, importing their replacement by reference. Once I got rid of
anything that was OLE, I could save the FM file.

Abit of a PITA, but luckily for me, these offending OLE graphics are
typically located on a reference page that's been carried along for years.
I did have a couple of documents that I had to search for the offending
OLE graphic. Abit tedious since I had to check the properties for every
graphic. But, sure enough I eventually found the offending OLE graphic and
once replaced, the file saved for me.

Good luck,
Richard