CMYK in Frame

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Oct 9 13:41:44 PDT 2008

Scott White wrote:
> I know this has been covered many times before, but I need a refresher
> in regards to cmyk .tif or eps images are brought into Frame on the PC.
> I believe the color shifts when the image is imported and then looks
> like an rgb image. When you print to file and distill the image, it
> doesn't carry over the cmyk properties but comes out as rgb.
> The file then needs to be manipulated to print cmyk. EPS seem to play
> better with Frame than tif in regards to color?
>
> On the mac there is no problem.
>
> I usually deal with grayscale here, but I need the best way to explain
> to a PC Frame client why they are seeing what they are seeing. Any
> help would be appreciate.
>
> Frame in Classic/Frame 7.2 on Windows XP.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=324220

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap
between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were
instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish
squirting out ink."

— George Orwell