Underlining index entries

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Oct 22 17:15:56 PDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:20:02 -0400, "John Sgammato" <jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have an easy way to underline the page numbers only in an
>index entry? Or to make them blue? They are live links in the PDF so I
>want to show that, but I don't want to underline the whole entry.
>Actually, I am not really sure I want this. Somebody else does. I have a
>very faint memory of seeing such a thing and finding it unattractive and
>downright distracting. But I should follow up anyway and let the boss
>decide for himself.

Sure.  In your IX file, go to the reference page named IX,
and find the line(s) containing <$pagenum>.  Apply a character
format to that whole line with the properties you want.  Save,
regenerate the IX from the book, and all your page numbers
(but not the index entry text) will have the properties you set.

HTH!