Text is RGB

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Oct 29 05:42:01 PDT 2008

There is an exceptionally simple solution to this. Go the settings for
the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance. Under "Properties" go
to the "Device Settings" tab and change "Convert Gray Text to PostScript Gray"
and "Convert Gray Graphics to PostScript Gray" BOTH to "Yes." As a result
all R=G=B text and vector graphics will be represented as PostScript grayscale
and (unless your printer has a defective RIP) will appear on the Black plate
only!

        - Dov