List display when importing

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 09:18:59 PDT 2008

Hi, all, again. A second question:

I am working in a document with many, many figures. Most of the figures
I need to import are recently made, so if I sort the File window by
date, I can find them easily.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way to save that preferred view
permanently. Every time I import a figure, I have to:

Resize the Files window (it's too narrow when it opens for me to see all
the info I need)
Click Details to display all file info
Click the Date header to display the most recent files first

A trivial pain, but a pain. Am I missing a way to save my preferences?
Do you know of a utility I can use to add this function?

Thanks for all help.

--Nancy