Missing font when printing

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Sep 4 07:56:12 PDT 2008

I've seen this problem before and it generally has nothing to do with either
FrameMaker or Acrobat, but rather, secret sauce in the operating system and its
interface with the PostScript driver with regards to the "Symbol" font.
The symptoms you report usually would indicate that somehow the TrueType
version of the Symbol font was uninstalled. Even if you have the Type 1 version
of Symbol installed via ATM (or otherwise), you MUST have that TrueType version
of Symbol installed also. It is the ONLY exception to the rule about duplicate
fonts.

        - Dov