Plugins, Framescripts, etc.

Doug Cuff subscribe at cuff.ca
Fri Sep 5 06:51:14 PDT 2008

> Regarding your list, Scott, very helpful but it would be really great if you
> could organize your plugin list by Framemaker compatibility

Actually, what would be even nicer is in the search could include an option
exclude-FrameMaker-versions-earlier-than. Yeah, that's kinda greedy of me.

But my larger problem isn't with Scott's terrific list but rather with the fact that too many of
the plugins I supported by buying are no longer being updated. (Silicon Prairie Software is one
terrific exception.)

My employer provides me with a FrameMaker 8 license on my work desktop, but this week I am using my
own personal laptop with my own personal FrameMaker 7.1 license. Two plugins that simply do not
work under FM8 will allow me to burn through tedious monkey-work in hours rather than days.

Sadly, when I need a really complex find-and-replace, I save my files as MIF and use TextPipe Lite
on 'em (datamystic.com/textpipe/web.html). That too is my own personal license, but now that I
think of it, I shall point out to my employer just how useful it is in hopes they buy a few
licenses. And since TextPipe Lite isn't a FrameMaker utility, it doesn't support finding and
changing paragraph formats or anything like that.