ACTIVATING FONTS

Michael Zaichenko biozaichenko at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:20:25 PDT 2008

Hello Framers,
Been using ATM for years. FrameMaker has this autoactivation option in it which is only compatible with ATM. I.e. when you install a font - it gets picked up by FrameMaker instantly. I'm trying Extensis Suitcase now and noticed that unless I restart FrameMaker - the fonts wouldn't show up and no messages would pop up that the new fonts are installed. ATM is all good when one is using a stable set of fonts. But what if I'm having about 20 differently mapped fonts and depending on a language I would just install the fonts for that language. Fonts are with the same names. In this wise I don't have to make changes in the template documents. ATM only allows 1 version of a font (plus adds a confusion if you install true type and type1 version of the same font). I'm trying to swap over to Suitcase but then there is this bug with not activating fonts immediately (besides that it can't export/import set).

Does anyone know how to go about it?

Michael