3D Reviewer to FM to PDF

Fabio Di Francesco FabioDiFrancesco at njmcli.com
Tue Sep 9 11:25:20 PDT 2008

Hi All,

My company recently purchased Adobe's Technical Communication Suite and we're slowly incorporating some of our 3D CAD models (Inventor) into our technical documentation. Using the 3D Reviewer available with Acrobat Extended Pro, I created a simple animation, exported my file to the u3d format, and then imported this file into FM, version 8. Upon generating my PDF, the animation which I created is not available. I've posted this issue on the AUC site as well, but have yet to receive a reply. Basically, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience using 3D Reviewer seeing that it was recently released, and if my problem is related to FM or 3D Reviewer.

Thank you...

Fabio Di Francesco

Technical Writer/Rédacteur Technique

NJM/CLI Packaging Systems International