What is the purpose of round-tripping Structured Framemaker and XML

Mike Feimster mike.feimster at acstechnologies.com
Thu Sep 11 10:22:25 PDT 2008

I'm sure there are other reasons, but a some that come to mind are using
are:

1. Editing/processing the files with different XML editor.
2. Processing the text with XSL or another programming language.
3. Storing the files in content management system or source control
system. Although you can store FrameMaker binaries in most source
control systems, XML files are text files, so you perform diffs and
merges on them.

Mike