Frame 8 and Text Edit Tracking

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 08:17:41 PDT 2008

Using Frame 8, is possible, with the Text Edit Tracking feature, to collect statistics on the changes in a document?

>From the Frame 8 Reviewer's Guide it looks like this is possible. If you compare version one of a document against version two, the updated version, of the same document, Frame 8 creates a Summary file, as well as a Composite if selected. Since the Summary file is a Frame file, I expect I could save this file as a spreadsheet or  text file. Then collect the statistic portions of each Summary file into Excel and perform calculations on these results.

If this is possible, this would provide me with some historical information on the amount of changes to a particular book within a project.

The intent is to try and get better at projecting the amount of work required to complete a future project.