InDesign as a replacement for Framemaker

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Fri Sep 12 08:48:02 PDT 2008

Adobe (and many other companies) must learn that many writers use products on different computers at different times, and their approach puts hurdles in the way of honest customers. There must be a technological way to prevent the same application from being used by two different people at the same time. That is the solution, not a policy that fails to keep up with the needs of the customer base.

ymmv, etc
john

________________________________

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com on behalf of Dov Isaacs
Sent: Fri 9/12/2008 11:46 AM
To: framers; Graeme R Forbes
Subject: RE: InDesign as a replacement for Framemaker

Graeme,

Don't count on getting that extra activation. The EULA is quite clear
in terms of how many systems - two - you may simultaneously install and
activate simultaneously and that you may legally only execute on one of
those at any time. I hardly see how your request is related to "natural
justice" any more or less than a request to also allow simultaneous
activation of the same license of FrameMaker on computers used by other
members of your family.

        - Dov