FM8 HTML output

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Sat Sep 13 18:19:47 PDT 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:53:23 -0600, "Combs, Richard"
<richard.combs at Polycom.com> wrote:

>Better: If you have to buy new FM licenses anyway, you should seriously
>consider the Adobe Technical Communication Suite instead. It includes
>versions of FM and RoboHelp that are tightly integrated (or so I'm told;
>we're still looking into it here, but are likely to upgrade to the suite
>soon).
>
>IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Best:  ;-)  Check out Mif2Go; at $295, it's about 1/10 the
price of ePP, and 1/3 the price of the TCS.  It generates
very clean HTML, XML, DITA, DocBook, and numerous Help
formats (including Eclipse Help and OHJ; more outputs than
any of the other options, in fact).  It also produces Word
files that look remarkably like the Frame files from which
they were made, handy for reviewers who only use Word.

The free unlimited demo version is at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

And Mif2Go comes with the best free support in the industry;
who else fixes bugs on the spot (not "in the next version"),
and adds features you ask for overnight?  See the history.txt
file there for numerous examples of those enhancements, with
the names of those who asked for them.  ;-)

HTH!