FM8 HTML output

Charlie Kyle Charlie.Kyle at Attachmate.com
Mon Sep 15 16:29:15 PDT 2008

I am in the midst of hooking up a FM8 book to RH7. I'm following the
instructions from RJ Jacquez demo at
https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/p13101233/ This seems to be the
only source of information from Adobe on how to do this.

I'm importing the book by reference into an existing RH7 project and
then going thru a reiterative process to fine tune stuff like style maps
and xref styles. I was completely baffled by how get the FM TOC and
Index associated with the Help project. As I was writing this email, I
remembered a presentation by Kevin Siegal that I downloaded from the STC
2008 Conference web site. In there, I just found out that the TOC and
Index have to be assigned to a RH layout.

Caution! Small Digression: This process is reminding me of when I used
to try to play Dungeons and Dragons from a VAX command line prompt. This
was BI (Before Internet) when we had more time for such things and Games
weren't part of the GNP :-)

Does anyone know of a source for some information about hooking up FM8
books to RH7?

Thanks,
Charlie Kyle