FM8 HTML output

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:51:38 PDT 2008

Better news is also that the new ePublisher platform (2008.2) has improved A
LOT:

   - Better UI
   - Good DITA support (with the DITA Open Toolkit integrated)
   - Better documentation (Help) and a wealth of valuable information on the
   WebWorks site (videos, wiki Help Center...)
   - The ability to handle "mixed content" as input: not only "unstructured"
   FrameMaker files, but also DITA maps and even W*rd files. Surely, only 1
   "input adapter" is included when you buy ePublisher and you have buy the
   additional ones, but at least you have this option.
   - Better configuration: 1 ePublisher Pro to design "stationery" (style
   sheets) and a number of ePublisher Express licenses to generate output,
   using the stationery.
   - A number of "themes" included by default.

So, Bruce, if you develop templates for the writers of your techpubs group,
I think the new ePublisher platform is well worth the investment.
Admittedly, you'll have to redesign your ePublisher "templates", but you'll
get a lot in return. And the tech writers can use Express and your
stationery to generate their output.

You can always request an evaluation version and compare it with MIF2Go
(which is great too) and RoboHelp.

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director Scripto • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker
Instructor