Tageditor and Framemaker, any special rules

Kevin Farwell kevinf at dim.com
Tue Sep 16 09:11:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

Not so. S-Tagger can manage the markers with a simple configuration,
but if you leave them alone, you get something like this:

this is<:imk 1> a word <:imk 2>with a ma<:imk 3>rker

It's better to manage the markers and not subject your translators to
half words, but the letters are still there. It's also better for you
to manage them, because split words count as two in Trados. You'll
pay more if there are a lot of them. The string above is eight words
plus the markers.

Kevin