Problem with run-in heads

Roger Jones roger.jones at terrajr.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 01:16:37 PDT 2008

I'm glad to be back after a long absence from Framers, and I am still on FM
7.0p579.

I have a problem with run-in headings in a double-column format. All paras
are set to 10pt fixed and there is no line feathering, but the run-in heads
are misaligning the baselines across columns. A page full of text with no
headings has perfect alignment; add a run-in heading and the right-hand
column goes out of alignment from that point onwards. Setting columns to
balance makes no difference.

I need the run-ins because I want two paras on the same line, with
automatic running heads picking up on one of them and not the other.

Any clues, anyone?

All the best

Roger Jones