ePP is ignoring filename markers

Callie Bertsche c.bertsche at tecplot.com
Wed Sep 24 10:15:39 PDT 2008

Help...please help....

I'm using FrameMaker 7.0 in conjunction with ePublisher Pro Version 9.2
(build 9054).
*frustration deleted*
I recently upgraded from version 9.1. I had my program completely
working the way it did in 9.1
The other day, I added some filename markers to my FM files for some new
dialogs in our software.

When I regenerated the help, ePP decided to start completely ignoring
random filename-marked help pages (for example, help page named
3d_dimensions.html missing).
Some filename-marked help pages come through fine, but some .fm files in
my book in my ePP project have their filename markers completely
ignored.

For fun, I took out all other page break priorities marked in one of the
offending files. Still no filename markers caused page breaks - my doc
generated as one long page.

For the moment, please omit replies on the horrible product that is ePP,
and suggestions that I should try your new product. I agree that I need
to switch, but with a release coming up my first priority is to help ePP
limp through that release.

Can anyone help me know how to force my filename markers to cause page
breaks? (I get no error messages when I generate, either)
Does anyone else find it ironic that this help page generation software
has the most opaque help pages for their software? :-p

Callie Bertsche