[wwp-users] ePP is ignoring filename markers

Callie Bertsche c.bertsche at tecplot.com
Wed Sep 24 12:12:35 PDT 2008

Thanks, Franz. Replies inline.

>Callie:
>
>I understand your frustration but I don't understand why you upgraded
from
>9.1 to 9.2 *now*. Was it the EOL announcement for 9.1 or did you need
some feature from 9.2 in your current
>project?

Yes, I needed the increased usability in 9.2 of passing variable names
from source docs. I had a problem with this in 9.1, and moving to 9.2
fixed that problem. Moving from 9.1 to 9.2 was not much work and worth
it for this feature, even though post-release I intend to research the
steeper learning curve of a new tool.

># For fun, I took out all other page break priorities marked in # one
of the # offending files. Still no
>filename markers caused page breaks - my doc # generated as one long
page.

I was hoping to beat the second beast out of the woods by eliminating
the first beast. Thanks for illuminating their intertwined nature.

>That's because filename markers and page break priorities are 2 totally
different beasts:

>1. You set page break priorities using the property with this name in
your heading paragraph formats.

>2. The filename marker only tells ePP *how* to name the files for the
topics you divided your source docs into >using the heading paragraph
formats with their page break priorities.

>So I suggest to look into the heading format definitions and see if the
page break priorites are set there
>correctly.

I've already tried that, and now I'll go back to that; the heading
format definitions were correct (that is, I was getting page breaks in
all the places that I wanted, just bad filename.html namings) when I
first started having this problem. Any other ideas?