conversion tables

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Sep 24 13:40:07 PDT 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:27:27 -0500, Mollye Barrett <mollye at clearpath.cc>
wrote:

>   I have a large group of docs (100's of docs with 100's of pages) to
>convert from unstructured to structured Frame and need some examples
>for syntax in the table. I get about 50% of the way but need to start
>promoting and nesting.
>
>   I must use a modification of XDocBook. Any samples/examples are
>appreciated! (Info with Frame is very limited.)

Hi Mollye!  IMHO, the whole conversion table method is very limited,
not just the docs for it.  Another possibility is to use Mif2Go to
produce DocBook XML from your unstructured files, then bring that
back into structured Frame.  It should be a lot faster.  You can
try it out with the free unlimited demo version at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

The User's Guide, Chapter 16, "Producing DocBook XML", is very
thorough.  You can download the User's Guide in numerous formats
(including DocBook itself ;-) from the same page.

The same method, BTW, works nicely for moving from unstructured
to structured Frame using DITA.  We worked with members of both
OASIS TC's developing it...

HTH!