Page numbering question

Keith Soltys keith at soltys.ca
Wed Sep 24 15:42:32 PDT 2008

I've run into something that's stumped me.

Our house style for our technical docs has the page numbering style Page
x of y, where y is the total number of pages in the document. This is
easy to do in Word. I don't like it, but I need to set up a template in
Frame that matches the Word template we've been using.

I thought it would be easy to do in Frame, as there is a
<$LastPageCount> variable which includes the last page number of the
document. But, in a book with multiple files I want the last page number
of the book. And what I'm getting is not right. For example, in chapter
1 I get page 7 of 13, in chapter 2 I get page 18 of 26, and so on. The
page number count is correct but the last page number is the last page
number of the chapter file, not the book. It's only accurate for the
last file in the book.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this type of page numbering in
Frame and if so, how?

Thanks
Keith