missing fonts after changing computers;customize maker.ini file?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:47:11 PDT 2008

The easiest way to fix things up would be to either network to your
old PC or pull the C drive from it and install it as an additional (a
slave, not the master) drive in your new machine.

Then perform whatever font installs you need to do to get all the
fonts from the old machine installed properly.

This would also be the easy way to snarf your old maker.ini file and
any other plug ins and odd bits that you may have forgotten.

***
You don't mention setting the Adobe PDF logical printer as your system
default, which is a good thing to do. It eliminates seeing references
to fonts that may be resident on a physical pritner but which aren't
actually installed on your system.

***
I agree almost all of Richard's post, except his antipathy to ATM
Lite. It works fine on XP systems, and it still my PS font manager of
choice, although both Adobe and Microsoft agree that it "isn't
required." But it works for me, has worked for years, and continues to
work on multiple systems. It's especially useful to corral older PS
font files.

Art

Art Campbell

art.campbell at gmail.com
Vincent and a redheaded grl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358