Display bug in FrameMaker 7.2

Maries, Anthony Anthony.Maries at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Apr 2 06:19:12 PDT 2009

Hi Framers,

I wonder whether anybody else has experienced this bug in FrameMaker 7.2 or
on any other FrameMaker release.

If you have two documents open in the same window, when you select the
second from the Window menu the first is minimised and the second is
displayed occupying the full window.

When you switch back to the first, the normal behaviour is for the second
window to be minimised and for the first to re-open, but only occupy about
half the window.

In the last couple of days the first window opens in part of the window, but
the second document still displays in the window. The second document
display is not actually active, and can be suppressed by making a change in
the window properties e.g. by maximising the window and then restoring to
the original size.

The incidence of this bug is not predictable, i.e. you can have a FrameMaker
session and it does not occur, then it may return at the next session.
However once it does occur it is persistent and the only way to restore
FrameMaker to normal behaviour is to close both documents and the window,
and to re-open them in a new FrameMaker session.

We have had a Windows update on the company system in the last couple of
days, installed by the company IT department and thus out of our control. It
is possible that this problem may be caused by changes in Windows having an
unpredictable effect on an old and no longer maintained version of
FrameMaker.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tony Maries

Technical Author

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on sender's telephone number above
and delete it and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility
for changes to any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments
to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your system.
We therefore recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening.
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273