Adding a shadow to text in Framemaker 7.1

Jona Steenbrink jsteenbrink at bluefinrobotics.com
Sat Apr 4 09:53:34 PDT 2009

You could create a drop shadow effect by adding another background
text frame behind the text frame containing the chapter number with
the chapnum variable in it formatted to for example a light grey. THen
shift this text frame down and to the left or right a step or two.
That would approximate a shadow effect.

I don't have FM open now, so maybe it'll look like total crap, but it
might be worth a shot, and would be easier than creating custom
graphics for lots of chapter numbers.

HTH.

Jona