Webworks ePublisher

Maries, Anthony Anthony.Maries at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Apr 16 01:12:27 PDT 2009

Hello Nancy,

Webworks 7 is well out of date. We have been using Webworks 9.1 Standard
ePublisher for three years to create HTML and JavaHelp.

The first stage of the conversion process, to HTML is reliable and produces
a professional looking product which both ourselves and our customer is
happy with.
The HTML to Java conversion we are not happy with. Despite a rock-solid
template and EDD from the FrameMaker source, the quality of the Java output
is erratic and unpredictable, with numerous formatting quirks.

Normally we have to put in a great deal of work to produce an acceptable
product, and before you go down this route I would seriously investigate
whether there are other software packages available which can produce the
product you want.

Please feel free to email me off list if you want more information.

Tony

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on sender's telephone number above
and delete it and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility
for changes to any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments
to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your system.
We therefore recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening.
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273