incorrect file name in the book - FM6 Unix

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Sun Apr 19 10:37:32 PDT 2009

At 07:05 AM 4/15/2009, Arbelbide Kattalin wrote:

>I am working on FrameMaker 6 under Unix.
>
>When I open the book, the Chapter 7 Signal Analysis does not appear as
>Chapter 7 but as < Figure 364: Detected signals >. When I click on
>Format>Document>Numbering, from the book, I check the following option:
>Continue numbering from the previous file.
>
>This error has occurred after updating the book several times.
>
>I have deleted the Figure 364 caption but I still get the same error.

Kattalin,
   Are you seeing the figure caption in the book window or in the document
window for Chapter 7? If it's in the book window, remember that FrameMaker
can list the book components either by filename or by "heading text". In
the latter case, it assumes that the first paragraph in the document's main
flow is the heading. Its determination of the main flow does not always
match the users.

   If the problem is with the chapter title in the actual file, check that
the correct paragraph format is applied to the title.

         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284