SV: Installing Acrobat 9.0 taking FOREVER??!?

Jacob Schäffer js at grafikhuset.dk
Wed Apr 22 09:00:09 PDT 2009

If Windows Explorer try to re-connect to an unavailable share or other
ressource on the network it sometimes goes completely banana and try to
re-stablish the connection upon many file operations and window re-paints.
This is also true for the some of the FileSystem objects used by the latest
generation development tools such as Visual Studio and the .NET platform.

In this situation both installation processes in general and simple file
operations can take forever because of long timeout-values related to failed
credential-lookup :-)

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Jacob Schäffer  |  Chief Developer
Grafikhuset (House of Graphics)