Off topic: Helping translators with localised screen shots

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA verner.andersen at radiometer.dk
Fri Apr 24 04:03:43 PDT 2009

My English manual with 300+ screen shots is now going to be updated and
then translated into 6 languages. The screen shots are to be localized.
I use SnagIt 7.2.3.

I plan to give them my English manual with the English screen shots as
links. The idea is that they replace the English screen shots with the
localised ones.

I realize that I may help the translators in different ways, so that it
is easier for them to get the screen shots into Framemaker without
having to rescale them.

Maybe I should have 2 or 3 standard. dpi settings for imported graphics?
Which ones do you suggest?
For some screens I have minimized the application window before I take
the screen shot in order to display all screen texts in a readable way
in Framemaker.

What are your guidelines for translators who are to take screen shots?
What are you guidelines for importing screen shots into Framemaker?

Med venlig hilsen - Best regards
Verner Andersen
Technical Writer

Radiometer Medical ApS
Phone +45 3827 3612
Fax +45 3827 2727
verner.andersen at radiometer.dk

Radiometer Medical ApS
Akandevej 21
2700 Bronshoj
Denmark
Phone: +45 38 27 38 27
CVR: 27 50 91 85

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
re-transmit this email.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by email by replying to the sender and by telephone
(call us collect at +1 202-828-0850) and delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

In addition, Danaher and its subsidiaries disclaim that the content of
this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of,
any
contract or agreement or any amendment thereto; provided that the
foregoing disclaimer does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is
included in any attachment to this email.