Off topic: Helping translators with localised screen shots

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:53:20 PDT 2009

If I were you, I'd provide a set of directories, one for each
language, each containing a set of graphics with the same name so FM
can just pull them in without modification. Then the translators would
just plug in the correct directory, or you would only provide the
correct one initially.

Unless the screen change size a great deal based on the text content,
I would just match whatever DPI you're already using. I usually use
200 or 240 in Snagit, but have gone down as far as 166 -- depends if
you're delivering print and/or PDFs, or oneline help, or something
else -- in general though, you can always scale down; you can't always
(successfully) scale up.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com