FM 8 - Change Bars

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Wed Apr 29 15:46:50 PDT 2009

Ah, it does work if the anchored frame is set to At Insertion Point, but it
does just the short line if you have it set to Below Current Line. I think
that's what I was thinking about. I frequently shrink wrap graphics, so they
end up set to At Insertion Point.

Another way that I sort of works, but is still a bit of a kludge (but not
something you have to remember to after) is this:

1. Enter a space in the anchor tag.

2. Go the paragraph below the anchored frame, and enter a space there
somewhere.

3. Delete that extra space.

It will be a bit ambiguous about that next paragraph, so it's certainly
imperfect.

I found that I do like the track edits feature in FM, which shows the actual
text edits (but I don't think it helps if you just replace the graphic
that's in an anchored frame).

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates