FM 8 - Change Bars

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Apr 29 15:24:28 PDT 2009

Hi Linda,

That only puts a short bar with the paragraph and does not extend the
full length of the anchored frame. Which is the really annoying thing.

This is what I have suggested and seems to have got around the problem
unless something better emerges:
> In the past (in flight manuals, for example) we have resorted to
> putting an anchored frame that is the same height as the image's frame
> outside the column (on the same side as the change bars of course) and
> then using the line drawing tool to draw a vertical line in the
> anchored frame. This allows you to have the line follow the image if
> it reflows and can be easily deleted when required by deleting the
> anchored frame - you just have to remember to do that manually.

I was reminded of that approach by Dave (thanks).

It is not the best but does the job.

Cheers
Alan

--