Adobe Acrobat 9 Printer - Missing Font

Gabrielle Burns gburns at breault.com
Sat Aug 1 11:12:10 PDT 2009

FrameMaker 9.0p237, Structured View using an unstructured file
Acrobat 9.1.1 PRO
FM/Acrobat frequent user for over 10 years

While editing an FM 9 file today, I deleted unused fonts from the Fonts
panel, leaving the ones used in the document. The fonts used in the open
document are displayed in the Font panel. However, when I print the file
to a postscript file, the FM document loses the Helvetica font, and the
font no longer is displayed in the FM Fonts panel.

I am using the Adobe PDF printer driver, which I select via the Print
dialog box in FM, and select OK to the usual message that fonts have
changed. Previously, this never caused the Helvetica font to disappear.
The Helvetica font set is in my PSFONTS folder.

In the Print Setup dialog, under Properties, I tried setting the option,
"Rely on system fonts only; do not use documents fonts" in both selected
and deselected modes to no avail.

This issue is affecting all files I open in FM9 and try printing to PDF.

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this issue? I don't not know how
to re-insert the Helvetica font so that it prints with the Adobe PDF
printer. Thank you!

Gabrielle Burns
Lead Information Products Developer
BRO Software Applications