Variables established at book level?

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Tue Aug 18 08:47:43 PDT 2009

Nancy,

You can do it with cross references, but that can have it's own set of
problems.

You need to use each variable at least once in your title chapter. Each
one has to be in a paragraph by itself, possibly be on an unused master
page. Then create a cross reference marker in the paragraph that
contains each variable. Then cross reference from anywhere in your book
back to the markers in your title chapter. Once it is set up, you can
change every cross referenced copy at the same time by updating the
variables in the title chapter.

Clint

Clinton Owen | Senior Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics |
Telephone: +1 425-743-8674 | Fax: +1 425-743-8113