FM9 and Columns

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue Aug 18 09:46:08 PDT 2009

Version: FM9
OS: XP Pro with SP3

I'm new to FrameMaker and am having problems setting up my Glossary.

I am trying to create a 2 column setup on each page with 5 mm separating the columns.

The column entries are alphabetical and I want to have the left column automatically flow to the right column once it is full. And when the right column is full, I want it to auto-flow to the left column on the next page, etc.

I don't care if the side-by-side columns on each page are balanced at the bottom of the page, however, I would like the last page to split whatever content they contain between the columns. Again, the last lines don't have to be exactly balanced, but the content should be approximately balanced between the 2 columns.

I can figure out how to get this on one page, but I don't know how to get it to flow to the next page.

Does this explanation make sense to people? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

Alison

FYI: Other than an Appendix title and the headers and footers, these columns will be this book file's only content.

Also, I can send a PDF of what I mean if that would clarify things for anyone.

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
130 - 4311 Viking Way
Richmond, BC  V6V 2K9