Disappearing anchored frames: strange FrameMaker bug

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 07:04:43 PST 2009

Are your frames anchored to a unique paragraph tag?  If they are, a possible fix is to change the pagination properties for the 'anchor' paragraph to be across all columns and sideheads.  You may need to adjust the anchored frame placement if it in fact does indent based on the sidehead margin which I know is a pain...

If the sidehead margin really isn't used, meaning all the paragraph style are set to span across columns and sideheads, why can't you delete it?  It should have no visible effect on the documents and may simplify work going forward as well as possibly eliminate the disappearing anchored frame issue.

If the template has other problems as you indicate, I would try a test: create a new blank document, set up the master (with the possible exception of the sidehead space) and reference pages manually to match the document design in question, and then import only the paragraph, character, table and cross-reference formats from an original document.  Test this as a template on a couple of files to see if the problems are solved.

– Les