Disappearing anchored frames: strange FrameMaker bug

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 07:21:30 PST 2009

At 07:04 -0800 7/12/09, Les Smalley wrote:

>Are your frames anchored to a unique paragraph tag?

No, not at present.

>  If they are, a possible fix is to change the pagination properties for the 'anchor' paragraph to be across all columns and sideheads.  You may need to adjust the anchored frame placement if it in fact does indent based on the sidehead margin which I know is a pain...

Good to know.

>If the sidehead margin really isn't used, meaning all the paragraph style are set to span across columns and sideheads, why can't you delete it?

I guess I could delete it and make the master page text frames the width of the currently used page area (nothing flows into the side-head areas). But as I posted this morning, I seem to have a workaround by making the anchored frames slightly less than the width of the main flow minus the side-head.

>If the template has other problems as you indicate, I would try a test: create a new blank document, set up the master (with the possible exception of the sidehead space) and reference pages manually to match the document design in question, and then import only the paragraph, character, table and cross-reference formats from an original document.  Test this as a template on a couple of files to see if the problems are solved.

Ok, will do. Thanks.

--
Steve