FM9: Resource manager bugs?

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Mon Dec 7 09:12:58 PST 2009

Hi Yves...

Yes .. this is a known "limitation". The FM9 API does not expose methods
for handling or dealing with actions in the new UI elements, and because
DITA-FMx requires the replacement of the core DITA DLLs many of the
features in the resource manager are non-functional or don't work as
expected. I'm hoping that a future patch will add access to the UI features.

However, in general I find that the resource manager is of limited use
for DITA authoring since you have limited access to the attributes and
element structure and no ability to edit relationship tables.

When opening a map (using FMx or standard FM DITA) I'd immediately
switch to the "Document View".

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice