Cannot import a .jpg

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Dec 7 14:29:20 PST 2009

Hi, Nancy.

Re-saving a JPEG original as another JPEG can be "further" lossy
(compounding the initial drop in quality) ... you might want to make
sure that the image quality has not degraded too far. Assuming you did
not go back to the original image source material, of course!

You can introduce bits of fluff pixels in places that did not have them
before - particularly in sharp edges or steep color transition points.

Or you can save in another graphics format - like PNG - that is not
lossy.