Import external file by reference

Tue Dec 8 15:42:10 PST 2009

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> Simpler than I thought.  Still, if the PDF grows by a page in the next
> update, the new page won't appear in the .fm file, and if it shrinks
by
> a page, won't there be a missing-file error message?
>
> (This is all theoretical now -- I have no idea what the OP's source
PDF
> looks like or how it might change ;-)

Well, yes. In my situation, it wasn't an issue. Since I also created the
Visio files and the PDFs from them, no such change occurred without my
knowledge and consent. :-)

The OP's situation might require more process, communication, and
vigilance. But once those are taken care of, the actual steps required
for the updates are relatively quick and easy.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom