TCS2 - Unable to install RoboHelp plugin for FrameMaker

RJ Jacquez rjacquez at adobe.com
Thu Dec 10 06:51:41 PST 2009

Hi Richard et al,

In general the connection between FrameMaker and RoboHelp in TCS2 happens automatically, however we have seen rare cases where the message below does appear.  In theses cases, I would recommend the following manual steps to correct this issue:

1. Navigate to this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\rjacquez\Application Data \Adobe\FrameMaker\9. I have included my local path, so you need to substitute with your own username.
2. Locate the Maker.ini file and ideally make a backup of it, just in case.
3. In the [APIClients] section of the maker.ini file, add the following line, again making sure you are including the correct path:

RH4FMver9=Standard,RH4FMver9,C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\RHFrameMakerServer9.dll,all

4. You should now be able to launch RoboHelp and when you "link" FrameMaker files, the FrameMaker application should launch correctly.

Please let me know and I will also post this on my blog below the message you left. Sorry about the troubles and I do thank you for using our TCS2 apps!

Sincerely,

RJ Jácquez
Senior Product Evangelist
Adobe Technical Communication Suite