Conditional Text used within a table with endnotes.

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Dec 14 14:55:50 PST 2009

I don't have FrameMaker available right now, so I'm working from
memory, but AFAIK, there's no Special > Endnote command in FrameMaker.
Endnotes in FrameMaker are created by manually typing the notes
somewhere in the current file, or a different file, in paragraphs that
include the auto-numbering property.  Usually end notes are placed at
the end of the current file, or the separate file is placed at the end
of a book. You can place the end notes after a table, if you like. The
end note references are created by inserting cross-references to the
notes with Special > Cross-Reference, using a cross-reference format
that captures the auto-number.

Showing or hiding the cross-reference reference numbers - in the
conditional table rows, in this case - has no effect on the
auto-numbered paragraphs that are the cross-reference sources. If you
want the end notes to appear and disappear when their reference
numbers are shown and hidden, conditionalize the notes.

If you want the end notes to remain in place and renumber when the
conditonalized reference numbers are hidden or shown, you'll need to
invent a strategy.

However, I'm wondering if you're using table footnotes - they appear
after a table. The visibility of table footnotes should depend upon
the visibility of the table footnote source content. If you're using
table footnotes, are you saying that the table footnotes aren't
showing/hiding in response to the showing/hiding of the source
content, and they are not renumbering?

HTH

Regards,

Peter