Conditional Text used within a table with endnotes.

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:07:44 PST 2009

I am having trouble following you. So the end notes are numbered and
the numbering does not update as some are conditioned out? Have you
tried saving the file and then generating/updating the book again?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM,  <kgrace4715 at aol.com> wrote:
> I have a table that consists of multiple rows.  Each row of the table
> represents a specific condition.   I currently have endnotes that
> appear at the end of the table. The first instance of each endnote is
> added via Special > Endnote, there after I insert a cross-reference if
> . It should be noted that I want each "letter" to represent a different
> occurance of the end noted item. The problem that I am having is that
> when I turn the certain conditions off i.e., the instance that
> "defined" the endnote may or may not be included in the resulting
> document with conditions applied.
>
> I am sure I could remedy this via a separate table for each condition
> but that would mean more work trying to maintain the multiple tables.
> If  for example I need to add another colum in the future I would have
> to do it for each table. The other option I considered is making a
> separarate set of endnotes for each condition.  The downside of that is
> that if all of the endnotes labeled "2" needed to be updated I would
> have to go through them manually and fix them.
>
> I have tried the update references but it does not allow for starting
> or adjusting the numbering for those end notes that are not needed due
> to the conditions eliminating them.
>
> Sample Table
>
> CondtionA 1
> ConditionA 2
> ConditionA 1
> ConditionB 2
> ConditionC 1
>

> 1 This is endnote 1
> 2 This is endnote 2
>

> I get :
>
> ConditionB 2
>

> 2 This is endnote 2
>

> Not:
>

> ConditionB 1  (This was 2 but since 1 is not used as a condition it
> should be adjusted to 1
>
> 1 This is endnote 1 (This is actually the text for 2 but reads 1 since
> it is the first condition.

Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.