TOC leader dots disappear in PDF

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Wed Dec 16 13:18:03 PST 2009

Hi, all.

I have several TOC entries that wrap to a second line. I have made sure that there are multiple tabs in the TOC formats, and the two-line TOC entries do wrap correctly, have leader dots on the second line, and have correctly tabbed page numbers.

So, in the FrameMaker TOC they look like this:

Chapter 6. How to Make A Really Scrumptious
Organic Tasty Apple Pie . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4-12

However, the same entries in the PDF do not have leader dots, so the same entry looks like this:

Chapter 6. How to Make A Really Scrumptious
Organic Tasty Apple Pie                                         4-12

What is going on and how can I fix the problem?

Thanks!

--Nancy