Creating E-mail newsletters

Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security) David.Chinell at GE.com
Thu Dec 17 11:16:08 PST 2009

Amy:

We have two newsletter-like publications that we distribute regularly
via e-mail.

To simplify things, we ended up (after many years) by just sending
either:

- An e-mail notice that the newsletter is available, plus a hyperlink to
the PDF on our Web site. This makes for small, universally acceptable
(not restricted to HTML) e-mails.

- An e-mail with the PDF attached. Larger, slower e-mail, but still no
HTML requirement.

Either method saves us having to convert and adjust between Word (in
which most are authored) and HTML.

Bear